Of Course They Told You Coconut Oil Is Good For You. But Did They Tell You These 14 Things?
Coconut oil is the nectar of the gods.
It’s multi-purpose and perfect for almost everything you can think of. However, today we’re going to focus on coconut use in personal hygiene. Here are 14 uses of coconut oil for personal hygiene and body care:
1. Coconut oil helps with age spots. Just apply it over the area where the spots are most visible and they will fade away.
2. Coconut oil is also quite effective as an aftershave. It blocks pores and helps deal with razor burns.
3. If you’re having trouble with hair loss, you can combine coconut oil with lavender, rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, Jojoba oil, castor oil and some cayenne pepper and apply it over the affected area. The results are remarkable.
4. For softer skin, you can combine coconut oil with salt and rub it all over your body. You can also add essential oils if you want to achieve a specific smell.
5. Coconut oil helps reduce the swelling and redness, which speeds up the healing of bruised areas.
6. Coconut oil is also quite effective with bug bites. It reduces the itching and burning sensation while speeding up the healing process.
7. Coconut oil also reduces the chances of permanent scarring of burnt skin.
8. You could make your own chapstick out of coconut oil, which not only helps soften your lips, but also protect them.
9. Dry baby skin is quite common and coconut oil is an effective solution, particularly with dry scalp skin. It also helps get rid of that pesky cradle cap.
10. Coconut oil also helps relieve symptoms of dandruff by hydrating the scalp. It stops your scalp from secreting excessive amounts of oil, which has been known to exacerbate symptoms of dandruff.
11. You can use it as a deodorant; however, it’s more effective when combined with arrowroot powder and baking soda.
12. Coconut oil doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals which makes it an ideal remedy for a rashy bum.
13. You can apply coconut oil under your eyes to reduce wrinkles and bags. You can also apply some on the lids in the evening.
14. When mixed with olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil, coconut oil makes for a natural soap. It’s good for washing your face. Apply and leave it on for a couple of minutes before rinsing.